CHEZ MAL BRASSERIE
A LA CARTE MENU
Enjoy our delicious menu for lunch or dinner. We also have a range of delicious specials on regular rotation - please ask your server for availability.
BAR FOOD MENU
Available at Chez Mal Bar
From posh sarnies to our popular Mal burger, you'll feel supercharged for the day.
Start the day right with breakfast at Chez Mal.
Please note that our kids menu is subject to change.
Explore our intriguing cocktail and bar drinks menus below.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Malmaison Newcastle! Following government guidelines we have made some adjustments to our service to keep you safe, whilst still giving you our memorable Mal experience.
· Track & Trace – for non-residential guests using the facilities of the hotel such as the Bar, Brasserie, Spa and Meetings & Events - please ensure you register on arrival by scanning the QR code and completing the form
· Face Coverings - must be worn at all times in public areas except when seated for drinks and dining, or if you are exempt for medical reasons
· Social Distancing - when dining in the Brasserie or visiting the bar we ask you to follow government guidelines and remain within your household or support bubble
· Chez Mal - our Brasserie & Bar will offer table service only. You can order drinks via our app, BonAppi or food and drinks from one of our team members. The bar will close at 10pm. Last orders for food will be 9pm and 9.30pm for drinks
· Breakfast - is currently offered in a cafeteria style for cold items and table service for hot dishes. One of our team members will operate the coffee and toaster facilities for guests
Our Newcastle Quayside restaurant is a stylish twist on a traditional brasserie with a daily plat du jour and creatively converted classics. Food was once about sustenance. Then it became about convenience, followed by experience. At Chez Mal it is more. A bespoke collection of dishes, carefully curated by executive chef John Woodward, honouring the finest and freshest seasonal ingredients.
For all diners, whether a family gathering, a romantic duo or a business raising a toast, the delights on the menu and the electric atmosphere, along with the marvellous views over the Tyne as the day turns to evening and you admire the Millennium Bridge as its colours revolve - this is the heart of the hotel that you'll fall in love with. Join us throughout the day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner or celebrate a special occasion in style with a sophisticated meal in one of our private dining rooms.
Always alert your server to any allergies or dietary requirements you may have. Our kitchens are busy and creative, and we cannot guarantee that any dish will be free from cross-contamination. For a guideline of allergen-causing ingredients in our dishes, please see below.
A La Carte Allergens Specials Allergens Bar Food Allergens
Monday to Friday - 7am to 10am
Weekends and Bank Holidays - 8am to 11am
Monday to Saturday - Closed
Sunday Lunch - 12.30 to 4pm
Monday to Friday, Sunday - 6pm to 9pm
Saturday - 6pm to 9.30pm
The must-do meal of the day.
For light bites or long lazy afternoons.
Divine dining in a stunning venue.
Because Brunch is better when bottomless!
Time for getting together over a legendary lunch.
Meet or celebrate in our private dining space.
After-work celebrations begin here, with cocktails and more for just £6