Turning shrimp into big fish.
The Malmaison Chef Academy is a superb opportunity to work and train directly under the Malmaison Chef Director, John Woodward. The completion is tough to take one of the 8 places on the course.
The academy recognises young talent that wants to grow and develop into being a Head Chef of the future. We see great potential in our Chefs as do our Head Chef & GM at our hotels.
The academy teaches the fundamental elements of the kitchen through 4 modules. It includes 3 days off-site training in July, September, January and April at our Academy Kitchen at HDV Wimbledon with Group Chef Directors John Woodward & Matt Powell.
To develop and nurture the talent of junior chefs to grow our own future stars. Not only strengthen the individual's practical knowledge and skill set but galvanise the kitchen teams as a whole, instilling skills essential to delivering the quality product and brand standards.
- Re-engage and train basic cooking skills through creating bespoke skills driven program which will naturally improve our food quality and in turn increase our reputability of the brand industry-wide.
- Grown a talent bank of homegrown “mal HDV Chefs”
- Improve engagement and motivation within the kitchen teams through a strong commitment to development.
- Each of the 8 selected chefs has completed skill scan around the 4 main modular areas with their Head Chef which rates them around their skill level of each module content.
- The skills analysis will then help focus the training for each individual own development plan.
- They will be reviewed against this monthly by their head chef and a final assessment at the end of the first 3 months.
We offer all our Chefs the opportunity to strengthen and develop their skills. Paid for via our training central budget. Supporting the learning of our young chefs through the Apprenticeship programmes. Our Apprenticeship programmes are mapped to our in-house training. Keeping our Brand Standards at the heart of our business at the same time investing in our Chefs Development nurturing our own talent for the future.