10 Oct 17
Mal Masterclass: The Irish Maid
There’s a change in the weather, and all of a sudden we’re updating our wardrobes with chunky knits, staying indoors with warm drinks and dreaming of a white Christmas. And with a new season comes a new cocktail menu. Say ‘bye-bye’ to fruity vodka concoctions and ‘hello sailor’ to dark, spicy rums.
For our latest cocktail overhaul, our master mixologists have taken their inspiration from each Malmaison its host city, creating a menu of exciting signature cocktails.
The Irish Maid is inspired by Belfast, featuring Bushmills Irish Whiskey and offering a somewhat smoother alternative to a whiskey sour. Perfect for sipping in front of a roaring fire.
- Bushmills Irish Whiskey 50ml
- Lime juice 15ml
- 3 cucumber slices
- Sugar syrup 20ml
- Chill your glass
- Make a simple sugar syrup by adding equal parts sugar and water into a saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved (you can also add some honey)
- Using a muddler, crush your cucumber slices in your cocktail shaker
- Add the whiskey, sugar syrup, lime juice and ice into your shaker and mix thoroughly
- Strain over ice into a chilled glass
- Garnish with cucumber and mint